FUGE (a Lifeway ministry) is a week long camp for Middle and High School students. There are locations all over the US throughout the summer. The week is filled with fun recreational activities, Bible study, and worship! It is really a blast and a life changing week with other students in God’s word!
Details for the University Hills FUGE Summer Camp:
- Dates: July 6-11, 2015
- Location: North Greenville University (7801 North Tigerville Road, Tigerville, SC 29688)
- We will leave on a bus from UHBC on Monday July 6 at 10:15am and return on Saturday July 11 at 1:00pm.
- Cost: $280 Total ($50 deposit due in January 2015 to the UHBC Office or Cindy Behling)
- The FUGE form (available after January 15) must be notarized and submitted with a copy of your insurance card (if available)
- Students have the choice of either Mfuge or Centrifuge. The only thing this changes is for Mfuge the student leaves for part of each day on a team to do a local mission project in the city (the student chooses their mission tract: working with children, construction, evangelism, etc). Centrifuge students will be doing recreation and tract times (dozens of options) while Mfuge students leave campus with their team. Please indicate MFUGE or Centrifuge when deposit is turned in.
- Follow @UHBCFUGE on Twitter!
- We are still in need of adult leaders to chaperone so if you are a parent and would like to go as an adult chaperone please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want a 30 second snapshot of a week at camp?
Wednesdays at 6:15pm in Ignite on January 15, 22, and 29th we will be studying what the Bible says about Heaven, Hell, and the Return of Christ. The aim of this study is that students would live here and now with an eternal perspective.
Every Sunday at 9:15am the students and their leaders gather in the Student Center and study the Bible in small groups. This is a great way for students to get plugged into the student ministry and the Bible. We are using the Gospel Project as the curriculum for these small groups. More info about the Gospel Project can be found at gospelproject.com.
DNOW weekend is approaching fast! Set aside this weekend to join the youth in seeking the Lord together. If you are a parent interested in hosting students in your home this weekend please email Bo at email@example.com!
FUGE is a great summer camp when students dive deep in God’s word and fellowship. This year we will be attending the July 7-12th camp at North Greenville University. The cost is $300, with the first $50 being due in January as a deposit. Your spot will not be guaranteed unless the deposit is paid in January. Please turn in your money to Cindy Behling. If you would like to receive a scholarship please talk with Bo or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming events to help students worship, connect, serve, and go!
December 8 (Sunday): Serve the Empty Stocking Fund at Kannapolis YMCA from 12-3:30pm lunch is provided. Contact Tammy Campbell if you’d like to be a driver: email@example.com
December 8 (Sunday): experience the Light of Christmas worship experience presented by the adult and youth choir at 6pm!
December 11 (Wednesday): No ignite– come to Hope Haven (3815 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28206) at 7pm as the choirs serve the Gospel in song to those gathered!
December 13 (Friday): Christmas parties! Get in touch with your Bible Study leader for details. Contact info here!
December 18 (Wednesday): Ignite of Worship. We’re going to spend the time together lifting our voices in worship to Jesus!
December 24 (Tuesday): a family Christmas Eve service at 6:00pm
- DiscipleNOW Weekend! March 14-16, 2014
- FUGE: July 7-12, 2014 (note: it is a different week than last year). Cost is $300. The first $50 is due in January as a deposit and must be turned in to be signed up. If the cost is an issue please let me know, scholarship money is available.
FUGE @ North Greenville University
July 7-12, 2014 ***note that this is a different week than last year***
Cost is $300, first $50 is due in January as a deposit. Turn money into Cindy Behling. Please let me know if you’d like to go but need assistance. Scholarship money is available.
FUGE is a lifeway camp that UHBC Students have been participating in for a long time. This year we are leaving for North Greenville University on Monday July 1 at 9:30am and returning on Saturday July 6 at 1:15pm.
26 Students are going to participate in Centrifuge. This is where they engage in several different track times during the afternoon.
11 Students are participating in MFUGE. This is where they engage in a ministry each day.
Everyone will be engaged in Bible study and worship each day as well.
9 Adults are going as chaperones: Blair Austin, Jeremy Davis, Rebekah Gardner, David Kopti, Anna Lee, Michael Lee, Bo Riley, Caitlin Vaverek, and Bethany Wakefield.
If you are going to FUGE, please make sure you turn in your notarized form, we have a copy of your insurance card, and pay any balance to Cindy Behling. You can get your form notarized this Sunday (June 30) after worship in the gathering place.
Please see the form to notarize and the information packet below.
FUGE FORM 2013.pdf
UHBC FUGE ’13.pdf